Broadway Supports LIHSA
The 2018 event marked the fourth year of Broadway Supports LIHSA, a one night special performance that organizers call, “lightning in a bottle.” The gala production features Broadway stars who donate their time for a spectacular one-night only event to help raise money toward and awareness of LIHSA. The annual fundraiser for Long Island’s only public high school for the visual and performing arts (LIHSA) has become a premier event for the greater theater community. Since the cast is never the same and over-flowing with talent, the audience will be treated to a truly once in lifetime show.
“It is deeply touching for these talented Broadway entertainers to donate their time to put together an unprecedented performance to support LIHSA,” said Nassau BOCES District Superintendent Dr. Robert R. Dillon. “The evening will not only help raise awareness of our stellar arts programs, it will also provide our current and future LIHSA students the opportunity to see how successful they can become!”
· Nicholas Barasch (She Loves Me; The Mystery of Edwin Drood; West Side Story)
· Christine DeCicco (Evita; Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark; Sister Act)
· Natalie Charle Ellis (School of Rock-The Musical; Les Miserables)
· Leo Ash Evens (School of Rock-The Musical; Shuffle Along, Or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed; Jesus Christ Superstar)
· Jessica Hendy (Cats; Aida; Amour)
· Ken Jennings (Urinetown; Side Show; London Assurance; Grand Hotel; Mayor; Present Laughter; Sweeney Todd)
· Erica Mansfield (Bandstand; Finding Neverland; On the 20th Century; On the Town; Pippin; Evita; How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying; Mamma Mia!)
· Charlie Marcus (A Bronx Tale: The Musical; Peter Pan)
· Jon Peterson (Cabaret)
· Rebecca Pitcher (Carousel; The Phantom of the Opera)
· Jelani Remy (Smokey Joe’s Café; The Lion King)
· Talia Suskauer (Be More Chill)
The performers from the 2017 Broadway Supports LIHSA event included: Ken Ard (Smokey Joe’s Café; Jelly’s Last Jam; Dangerous Games; Song and Dance; Starlight Express; Cats; The Little Prince and the Aviator; Marlowe); Steven “HeaveN” Cantor (In Transit); Tony Award nominee and Drama Desk Award winner Robert Cuccioli (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark; Les Miserables; Jekyll and Hyde); Joshua Dela Cruz (Aladdin); Lana Gordon (Chicago; The Lion King; Jesus Christ Superstar); Taylor Iman Jones (Groundhog Day); Crystal Kellogg (Finding Neverland; School of Rock-The Musical), Tari Kelly (Groundhog Day; Something Rotten!; Stanley Wayne Mathis (Nice Work If You Can Get It; The Book of Mormon; Wonderful Town; Kiss Me Kate; You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown; The Lion King; Jelly’s Last Jam; Oh. Kay!) Jon Peterson (Cabaret); Wayne Pretlow (The Civil War); Ciara Renee (Pippin; Big Fish); Anthony Rosenthal (Falsettos); Drama Desk Award nominee Nora Schell (Spamilton); Ayla Schwartz (Frozen) and Sarah Jane Shanks (Cats; Bright Star; Promises, Promises; Shrek the Musical; The Apple Tree; Wonderful Town) and Musical Director/Accompanist Eugene Gwozdz.