Open House Events
In addition to regular campus visits throughout the year, we offer expanded programming during campus Open Houses in the fall, winter and spring. These Open Houses give prospective students and their families a chance to get to know the Long Island High School for the Arts singular artistic community and explore our campus.
At this point, all Open House events are “Virtual” unless otherwise noted. We hope you’ll join us for the presentation on Zoom and then plan to visit us in person once NYS and Nassau BOCES health protocols permit.
Academic Open House
Meet our administration and faculty (“Virtually” on Zoom, until further notice) and learn more about our innovative programs that prepare our student for a career in the arts, including:
- Performing Arts
- Visual & Media Arts
- Production & Managerial Arts
- Sonic Arts
- Game Design
- Multimedia Journalism
Admissions Events by Program
Here’s your opportunity to interact with LIHSA Honor Society members in specific program genres.
Faculty and Students will be present to share their experience and perspectives and answer your questions.
- International Thespian Society for Theatre and Musical Theatre Students (Friday, March 4th at 6pm)
- National Technical Honor Society for Game Design and Production & Managerial Arts Students (Tuesday, March 8th at 6pm)
- Tri-M Music Honor Society for Music (Vocal, Instrumental, & Digital) Students (Wednesday, March 9th at 6pm)
- National Art Honor Society for Fine & Digital Art Students (Thursday, March 10th at 6pm) & LIVE on Saturday, March 19th from 11am-2pm
- National Dance Arts Honor Society for Dance Students (Saturday, March 19th at 4pm)
All events will take place “Virtually” on Zoom unless otherwise noted.
LIHSA Summer Arts Program Open House Events
Whether your student is interested in theatre, music, visual arts or dance, the LIHSA Summer Arts Program has a variety of options that will encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation while they enjoy a safe, fun and inclusive atmosphere.
Join us for an informative one-hour Virtual Open House highlighting all the features and details of our Summer Arts Program and giving you the opportunity to ask our team any questions you might have.